Didn’t find the activity you’re looking for? Good news: you can host your own!
If you’re an Albatross Member and have joined one or more InterNations Groups, you can post your own activities in them (except for Global Groups). It’s a great way for you to share your passion with other members and create unforgettable memories.
Before creating your activity, it’s important that you read through our Activity Guidelines. Our Community Engagement Team carefully monitors all activities posted in InterNations Groups to make sure these guidelines are followed.
Here’s how to create an activity:
1. Log into InterNations and go to Groups.
2. Select the group you’d like to create an event for. (Make sure that you’re part of that group by clicking the “Join group” button if necessary.)
3. Press “Create activity”.
4. Fill in the form with all the relevant information about your event.
- Give it a creative title, write an informative and engaging description, add the date and time, location, and meeting point.
- Upload an attractive, high-quality photo (no text, cartoons, collages, or copyrighted logos).
- Note: The location of your activity should not be part of the title or visible on the cover photo.
5. Decide if you want to limit how many members can sign up.
- Keep in mind that just because a member signs up for your activity does not mean they will actually attend. The average show-up rate is 30 to 50%.
- You can also enable a waiting list. Once the attendee limit is reached, whenever someone cancels their attendance, the member at the top of the waiting list is automatically added.
6. Be transparent about any costs involved in attending your event.
7. Press “Create activity” to submit the form. You’ll then be able to see the event under the Activities tab as well as on the wall of the group. And it’ll of course be listed in the main Events section, too.
If anything changes after you post your event, you can still edit the details later. You can also share updates on the activity wall or use the option to send a message to all attendees.
We hope everyone has a great time!